Half Day Guided Walks
Explore Tomaree National Park & Connect with Nature
Big Rocky, Samurai Wetlands & Sand Dunes
Follow the Mountains
Need to Know
For our tours to resume we need to work together in partnership, I understand that our community will be in need of support and connection over the coming weeks, however as always, the safety of our staff, our customers and our Tomaree Coastal Adventures community will remain our first priority.
In an effort to ensure the safety of our Tomaree Coastal Adventures community and our staff, we will be implementing the following strategies:
- We will be encouraging; good hygiene practices such as covering your coughs and sneezes with your elbow, washing your hands often with soap and water, using alcohol-based hand sanitisers.
- If you or any member of your family/friends (that you live with or who you have had recent close contact with) has any sign of illness we ask that you DO NOT attend the tour. In this situation please call our office to organise a postponement or credit for future tours. As this request is being put in place to protect the health of all our customers, anyone who ignores this request will be required to leave immediately and any payment made will be forfeited.
- Soap and water will be provided so participants can clean their hands on arrival and departure. Alcohol based hand sanitizer will be available for use after toileting, and before & after eating.
- Please make sure to bring your own snacks and water, and please do not share these with anyone else. During the pandemic Tomaree Coastal Adventures will not be providing any catering.
- We will be aiming to maitain social distancing requirements between participant groups. If first aid is required additional PPE will be worn by the guide.
- When you arrive for your session a distance of at least 1.5m must be maintained between participants groups. If possible (and close enough the start location) stay by your car until the guide comes over to introduce themselves and complete paperwork.
Thank you all for your understanding, cooperation & support in this difficult time ❤️
We have a guided walk for for everyone!
Choose from our micro adventures (1-2hrs), half day walks (3-4hrs) and full day walks (5-6hrs).
Make sure to read the walk descriptions – short doesn’t necessarily mean it is the easiest walk. Everyone with a reasonable level of fitness and no mobility or health issues should complete the walks. If you are at all concerned please call us to discuss – we are very friendly!
We are a family business and your guide will most likely be the same person who talked to you on the phone or by email and confirmed your booking.
If the departure you want is not listed as available please get in touch. It could simply be an oversight or we may not schedule tours regularly for that particular trip. Either way we are flexible!
TIDES are the the biggest limiting factor to departure times.
Click on the activity links above or below to view availability.
Please arrive 10 mins early for your first session to finalise paperwork and for introductions.
During the pandemic Tomaree Coastal Adventures will not be providing any catering.
Micro & Half Day Walks
These tours include morning or afternoon tea which may include fruit, muffins, slice, tea and/or coffee.
Full Day Walks
These tours include: morning & afternoon tea which may include fruit, muffins, slice, tea and/or coffee; lunch which may include gourmet sandwiches or wraps. You will be provided with your lunch upon arrival and expected to carry it in your back pack.
Please ensure you carry enough water for the duration of you walk. We reccomend a minimum of 1L for micro walks, 2L for half day walks and 3L for full day walks (hydration bladders are recommended for full day walks). On hot summer days you may need more – there is usually nowhere to fill up water on tours. We are an environmentally conscious business and discourage the use of single use plastic water bottles – please bring a reusable bottle.
Please ensure you inform us of any dietary requirements when completing your booking. We can cater for most requirements although for some severe allergy cases we may advise you bring your own food (we will provide a discount on your tour if this is required).
We require a minimum of 2 guests to confirm a departure. If a departure has not met minimum numbers 48hrs before departure we will contact you to discuss your options. We will not run a tour with less than two people for safety reasons.
Minimum age varies between tours dependent on duration, difficulty and length. They have been put in place for children’s safety and to ensure other guests enjoy their experience. If you think your child is able to complete a walk but does not meet our minimum age requirements please get in touch – we are flexible with this.
Bookings are essential to avoid disappointment. and can be made by phone or online. If you cannot find availability please get in touch to be wait listed for additional sessions.
Online Bookings will incur a 2.9% service fee.
Payments can be made by direct deposit or card (online using Stripe or in person using Square). To pay by direct deposit please call us to make your booking.
- Comfortable backpack to carry your gear (including lunch on full day tours)
- Water bottle or hydration pack – we are an environmentally conscious business and discourage the use of single use plastic water bottles.
- Sun safe clothing – long sleeve collared tops, sunscreen, broad brim hat, knee length pants
- Grippy, enclosed shoes
- If wet weather is possible – rain coat and warm layers (no cotton)
- Any normal medications (epi-pen, asthma puffer etc)
- Swimmers and towel (swimming is at your own risk and dependent on swell)
All rubbish you bring in, you will need to take home with you.
We love ALL weather – so dress accordingly! Walks will only be cancelled in the case of relevant weather warnings, extreme heat events and unsafe fire conditions.
Toilets are limited within the National Park. We advise you visit the nearest public toilet BEFORE arriving at the meeting point (detailed on walk description notes). You will need to utilise outdoor toileting practices whist on tour – which we will cover in our briefing.